Yesterday, my PLN friend, Kevin Dengel (@kevindengel) gave me a blogging challenge. I haven’t been very faithful in blogging this school year, so maybe this will kick off more writing in 2014!
My 11 Random Facts
1. Most people in my church don’t know that I’m a saxophone player, since I play flute in church.
2. I detest taking a shower.
3. It took me 6 years to complete my master’s degree, but I finally graduated!
4. I used to be a third grade teacher.
5. I love Phineas and Ferb more than my kids, and they are big fans. I admit that I have watched it without them.
6. My husband is a wine buyer for a grocery store. It has a its perks.
7. As a child, I was terrified of dogs. I wouldn’t go to friends’ houses if they had one. Now I have 2.
8. Someday I want to run a 5K.
9. There are so many places I would like to see, but I hate(fear) flying.
10. I am a news/talk radio/political junkie.
11. When I have time to start a hobby, I would like to take up woodworking.
My answers to Kevin’s questions
1. What (or who) made you decide to be an educator? I love to learn, and I had some great teachers along the way. I wanted to give others the same inspiration I was given.
2. Who is the most intelligent person you know? My former colleague, Dr. Matthew Schlomer
3. Have you watched the entirety of the music video “What does the Fox Say?” Yes, but only because my Music Tech class forced me.
4. If you were a giant mega monster what city would you rampage? Detroit. Easy pickings.
5. What was your first mobile phone? I can’t honestly remember. It was 13 years ago.
6. What potential talents do you think you might have if you worked at them? Writer, composer, public speaker.
7. What do you consider is the most important appliance in a house? Coffee maker. No debate.
8. What song sums you up?
9. Name your favorite Great Lake. Come on, everyone’s got one… Lake Michigan!
10. Are you a morning person? NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
11. What would you call your autobiography? My Journey to No Particular Destination
Now, For Your Homework Assignment
1. Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
2. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
4. List 11 bloggers
5. Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate and let the bloggers know they have been nominated. Don’t nominate a blogger who has nominated you.
6. Post back here (in the comment section) with a link to your finished assignment.
1. Catie Dwinal (@musiccargirl14)
2. Vincent Du Beau (@maestrodubeau)
3. Chris Russell (@choirguy_)
4. Deb Heiden (@debheiden)
5. Rachel Pierson (@aleixa)
6. Matt Chasco (@matt_chasco)
7. C. M. Kolar (@TBone_Guy09
8. Stephanie Sanders (@stephdon)
9. Ruby Boyden (@RubyVBoyden)
10. Kyle Gardner (@kgard)
11. Chris Sepersky (@sepersky)
My 11 Questions for You
1. Why do you blog?
2. Who is the most intelligent person you know? (I stole this one.)
3. Name 1 professional accomplishment you are particularly proud of.
4. If you could quit your current profession and take a new one up, what would you choose?
5. Name the most interesting place you’ve ever visited.
6. Mac or PC?
7. If you were given $1,000,000 to give to charity, what cause(s) would you give to?
8. Name a movie you can say most or all of the dialogue along with.
9. Where did you complete your undergrad?
10. Where would you like to live when you retire?
11. If someone were to visit the city where you live, what would be the best thing to see or do there?